Today on the Audience podcast, Sam Chlebowski brings you the latest episode of the Castos Creator’s Spotlight series. In this series, Sam talks with content creators (just like you) about where they came from, where they’re going, and also their tips, tricks, and advice for new podcasters.
In this episode Sam is joined by Joseph Bennecke from the Brews with the Homies podcast. In this episode, Sam and Joseph focus on building communities around podcasts and around beer. Joseph talks about how passion and friendship has fueled their podcast and how they are amassing a community around that passion. He gives tips on how to get started, how to build your audience, not to mention, a few tips on glassware as well.
If you have any questions about this episode or want to get some of the resources we mentioned, head over to Castos.com/podcast. And as always, if you’re enjoying the show please share it with someone who you think would enjoy it as well. It is your continued support that will help us continue to help others. Thank you so much! Never miss another show by subscribing at castos.com/subscribe.
Today you’ll learn about:
- How Joseph and Brews with the Homies got started
- The community around beer
- Drinking it fresh versus collecting your favorites
- How glassware and environment impact beer
- Jumping in and getting started with your podcast
- What should the format be?
- Enjoying the process
- Growth of the podcast and building the community
- Open lines of communication
- Utilizing giveaways
- Marketing techniques
- Natural conversations versus scripted content
- Joseph’s recording process
Brews with the Homies Podcast: https://brews-with-the-homies.castos.com/
Brews with the Homies Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brewswth/
Castos Academy: https://academy.castos.com/
Castos, private podcast: http://academy.castos.com/private/
Castos, website: Castos.com/
Castos, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/castos
Clubhouse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8729ZpWpmIw