How we position our podcast production businesses is important. It’s more than just stating a market or niche. It also involves how we put together an offer that’s exactly right for our ideal clients.
Some of us ONLY offer editing, which is totally fine. But one way that we can differentiate ourselves is by offering bundles of services that fit our clients’ needs like a glove.
Virginia Elder joins us to share her path into podcast editing, how she’s begun to add complementary services to her offerings, and some of the ways she’s grown her business. Follow along as she shares the importance of finding out what skills & services are needed in order to provide people with solutions they’re looking for!
Listen to Discover
- The value of online courses.
- How Virginia found her first clients and grew her business.
- Some of the services she bundles together.
If you are looking for ways to grow and differentiate your podcast production business, click that Play button today!
Links & Resources
- Podcast Abundance (Virginia’s business)
- Fincon (conference)
- Podcast Movement (conference)
- Canva (tool)
- Keywords Everywhere (tool)
- Grammarly (tool)
- Earn More Writing (course)
- YaYa Podcasting (Carrie’s courses)
- Pete McPherson (Do You Even Blog)
- Episode 33 of the Podcast Editors Mastermind, with Warren MacGregor sharing about customer service
About Virginia Elder
Virginia Elder is a podcast editor with over 15 years of experience in project management, client services, and strategic organization. You can find her at Podcast Abundance.
This episode was edited by Dyan Joy Navarro.
Be a Guest
If you’re a podcast editor, we’d love to see if you’d be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested, and we’ll contact you to see if it’s a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!