In this interview with John, we get a little more relaxed, away from the standard Q&A and dig into how this podcast rock star got his start. He explains how his nature and military training prepared him for this moment. We learn the origins of the Dumas name and key takeaways on how his mindset puts him in a position to succeed.
- 2:30 – The Birth of Podcast Junkies
- 4:40 – What happened at 3am at the Cosmo in Vegas?
- 5:50 – Talk radio is brutal and enough with the Miley Cyrus already!
- 7:10 – Even non-OCD people are ‘completists’ when it comes to podcasts
- 9:11 – What were the origins of John’s need for control and discipline?
- 10:50 – John’s studio time and how he books his 8 Monday interviews
- 11:30 – The benefits of standing during podcast interviews and France.
- 13:35 – Being a recognized podcast voice can be creepy, but this is why it’s actually not
- 14:22 – Entrepreneur on Fire is actually coming out in French!
- 16:00 – What are the similar tendencies of successful entrepreneurs
- 17:14 – The Key Thing everything should be focusing on first.
- 17:34 – What is John’s avatar?
- 18:21 – The most important step John took as an entrepreneur
- 18:51 – Who’s been on John’s San Diego couch lately?
- 19:38 – When does the Imposter Syndrome disappear?
- 21:15 – What is John’s broader picture down the road and the birth of Webinar on Fire
- 23:45 – ‘Gradual’ is a relative term
- 24:40 – Is it important to spread the ‘podcasting gospel’ far and wide?
- 26:05 – Why does John do what he does?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/6