In the words of Chris himself, he is “utterly unemployable”. Hear how he ended up practically self-sabotaging his interviews when he realized corporate life was not in his plans anymore. We talk about his successes with mobile app portfolios, the importance of getting out of the way, and new ventures on the horizon.
- 02:25 – The voice of mobile on Dynamite Circle
- 05:30 – Internet marketers as used car salesmen
- 11:15 – You are the average of your 5 closest friends
- 13:45 – Suits as the uniform of an employee
- 15:00 – Was Chris sabotaging his interviews on purpose?
- 19:15 – We all should strive to be experts at one thing
- 20:45 – Why WP Curve for your WordPress site is a no-brainer
- 24:00 – Why automation is so important
- 25:10 – The importance of Standard Operating Procedures
- 26:20 – Go on vacation and see what breaks
- 27:00 – Why you shouldn’t fall in love with your idea
- 29:45 – Why “Pick Your Brain” is code for free consulting
- 30:20 – The origins of the App Business Podcast
- 35:25 – Why you should ensure your podcast is actionable
- 38:10 – Take your podcasts seriously and do your research
- 41:55 – The continued importance of a mastermind group
- 44:50 – Venting a bit on the app re-skinning game
- 51:50 – The importance of partnering up with trusted friends
- 55:05 – How Chris and David go about getting guests for the show
- 57:40 – The first shows will always suck, so just launch!
- 61:50 – The podcasts Chris started listening to at the beginning
- 63:10 – A new SAAS product in the works
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/10