Ray Ortega is definitely classified as a Podcast Junkie. He hosts the Podcasters’ Roundtable where a group of podcasters get together and nerd out. He first started podcasting about produce and has since expanded into the tech field. In this Ray Ortega interview, Ray and Harry sit down for a great episode on Podcast Junkies and talk about his various shows he’s started up and some other fascinating podcasting stuff.
- 07:50 – Ray talks about his first podcast.
- 12:40 – Podcasters’ Roundtable uses Google +’s platform really well. Ray says he loves the live stream, the user interaction, and notifications that you can get with using it.
- 18:25 – Ray’s show is about other podcasters sharing what they’ve learned about podcasting. It’s a playground, a sandbox, and a place to have fun and talk about cool things.
- 30:10 – Reach out to Ray and always ask questions before you buy any gear. He’s happy to help.
- 35:00 – If you see something lacking in the market, don’t be afraid to try and make it better or try and teach it better.
- 41:30 – Ray used to be a police officer before he became a professional podcast producer.
- 44:40 – We are all podcast amateurs, but as long as you learn from it, just do it.
- 49:35 – Dave Jackson is a big mentor to Ray and loves what Dave can bring to the table for his podcast.
- 52:00 – Ray receives a package!
- 55:35 – Ray has a new episode coming out about compression.
- 57:20 – Ray wants to tackle monetization, but he’s saving that episode until he can find the right experts.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/26