Jessica Rhodes was the co-host of The Podcast Producers and also has her own podcast, Rhodes to Success. I talk to Jessica about her business, Interview Connections and how she got started booking guests on podcast shows. We cover almost everything from TV shows to booking guests to just kind of goofing around and having fun. As always, this episode goes well beyond the hour, but I think it was well worth it because we got some great gems out of Jessica.
- 03:25 – Both Jessica and I like having a connection with people before they come on our podcasts.
- 09:45 – The best stuff on a podcast usually comes after 15 minutes.
- 17:50 – You can just tell when guests are bored of doing interviews.
- 24:45 – Jessica used to get starstruck by some of the big name podcasters.
- 28:15 – If you’re not passionate with what you do, you’re just going to get bored of it and it’s going to show.
- 35:45 – Kids are born entrepreneurial, but they get taught to follow the beaten path.
- 38:45 – Jessica talks on how her dad had a big impact on her starting her own business.
- 42:35 – Jessica had to make some cut backs in order to grow.
- 50:00 – The VAs working for Jessica’s dad get to bill him an hour a month on coming up with new ideas to make the company better.
- 56:30 – Jessica just started watching Breaking Bad.
- 01:01:45 – How did Interview Connections get started?
- 01:08:00 – Is podcasting a thing? Yes, yes, it is.
- 01:13:15 – It takes between 50 to 100 podcast episodes before you really get your technique, confidence, and style down.
- 01:16:15 – Jessica keeps her emails short when trying to pitch a bigger guest.
- 01:18:55 – Jessica loved producing The Podcast Producers with Corey Coates.
- 01:23:30 – I bet you didn’t know Jessica can sing!
- 01:25:20 – I really resonated with Jessica when she talked about matching the host’s energy with the guests on podcasts
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/45