I really had a blast talking to Lou Mongello for this week’s episode. Lou is a serious Podcast Junkie who has been podcasting since 2005. He’s the host of Walt Disney World Radio and has a very ‘what you see is what you get’ personality. Lou is definitely, definitely passionate about what he does and you can hear it radiate off his voice as I was interviewing him.
- 04:15 – Lou has won the Best Travel Podcast Award every year since 2006.
- 08:35 – Why a Disney podcast?
- 14:55 – Even though the word ‘passion’ gets used a lot, you really do have to believe in what you do.
- 20:45 – Fear is a great motivator to pursue your passion.
- 25:55 – You can’t fake it on a podcast. Your audience will know if you’re passionate.
- 33:15 – What was it like having Julie Andrews on WDW Radio?
- 40:35 – Different social media platforms work well with different people. Find your sweet spot.
- 43:30 – I talk about back in the day when my dad wanted to do a family road trip. This was pre-cellphones and iPads, guys.
- 50:55 – Lou is headed to Tropical Think Tank next year.
- 52:45 – What does Lou miss from New Jersey?
- 55:35 – There’s still a lot more growth to be had in podcasting.
- 59:15 – Podcasting is serious business now. It’s not just the hobbyists that are doing it anymore.
- 01:03:00 – What you see from Lou online and on his show is exactly what you get in person.
- 01:07:35 – Let others know you’ve found a show you’re crazy about and don’t’ forget to subscribe!
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/46