Lea Thau is a Peabody Award-winning producer and director, and she is also the creator and host of Strangers. Her podcast features true stories of people she meets. These ‘strangers’ bare it all on her podcast, and some even discover they aren’t who they thought they were. Lea has also taught storytelling to organizations around the country, including Google, Nike, Time Inc. and many others. Lea talks on the subject of living in New York City, the differences between Denmark and the U.S., and what her creative process is like.
- 07:45 – Why are people’s stories important to Lea?
- 12:15 – Lea talks on what it’s like to live in New York City.
- 25:20 – Lea discussed what people’s emotional states were like after 9/11.
- 33:50 – What was Lea’s experience like with India?
- 41:35 – Lea believes that being from Denmark has helped her gain interest in strangers.
- 49:15 – I talk about the book Spiral Dynamics.
- 51:15 – Lea is sometimes shocked by how brutal the U.S. system is.
- 58:15 – There’s two sides to the coin, especially as an immigrant living in the U.S.
- 01:05:10 – Lea describes her thought processes after talking to guests.
- 01:12:15 – Lea is personally invested in her guests and has cried during interviews.
- 01:17:25 – Lea talks about Nate DiMeo.
- 01:19:25 – How has Lea grown as an interviewer?
- 01:20:07 – What has Lea changed her mind about recently?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/65