Richard and Shawn are the comedic hosts of The Language of Bromance, a podcast where they laugh about things they go through, stories in the news and even getting serious discussing issues like net neutrality. Every so often their friendship turns to a bitter reality with their nerdiest creation, the draft episodes, an original take on a “Best Of” or a “Top 10” list. In this episode, you will discover the nature of why they started the podcast, why they’re continuing and how it’s actually helped them forge a fantastic friendship.
- 09:03 – How did Shawn & Richard come up with the name of his podcast?
- 10:40 – Inspired by Kevin Smith of SMODCAST to do a podcast –which turned out to be a great way to catch up with your best friend
- 14:40 – “Audio voyeurism” at its finest
- 17:45 – From horror movies to D&D to podcasting: the origin of their friendship
- 24:20 – How their friendships have changed over the years
- 27:45 – Making it a priority of pruning friendships – only if you think it’s worth it
- 32:00 – Importance of family support along the podcasting journey
- 35:11 – The guys recount the response they received while explaining the concept of their show at Podcast Movement.
- 38:38 – Being lovingly referred to as “The Bromance Guys”
- 41:50 – Inspiring others to go and share your unique story
- 46:25 – What has the feedback been like of the show?
- 50:35 – Have they come across anything in the course of the episodes that they didn’t know about one another?
- 51:12 – What does the future of the show look like?
- 56:20 – What has Richard changed his mind about recently?
- 58:00 – What is the one misunderstood thing about Shawn?
- 59:19 – What has recently gotten the both of them excited about?
Full Show Notes: http://podcastjunkies.com/shawn-and-richard-interview/