We do not often have the opportunity to form friendships with those who have had a life as challenging and rewarding as Aviv Shahar. At a young age, a doctor diagnosed Aviv with a heart disease and told him to avoid strenuous activity. He responded to this diagnosis by winning Israel’s long-distance running championship at the age of 13. Later in his life, he became an air force pilot, and then started a very successful consulting business.
In this episode, I speak with Aviv about his youth, and how winning that race changed him. We then talk about how we are currently experiencing a “Third Big Bang,” according to Aviv. Finally, we discuss how hosting a podcast has helped him not only with his consulting, but mentally as well.
- 02:30 Why did Aviv start his podcast?
- 05:20 The themes of Aviv’s show
- 07:30 The “third Big Bang”
- 14:00 Below-the-line conversations
- 17:30 The Fifth Dimension
- 20:00 The architecture of learning
- 22:20 Where did Aviv’s ideas originate?
- 25:00 Aviv’s heart condition, and how he overcame it
- 35:00 The three-legged journey into mastery
- 39:00 People Aviv considers mentors
- 43:00 How Aviv became a pilot
- 45:35 How his podcast has helped Aviv
- 55:15 How Aviv has expanded his mind recently
Full Show Notes: http://podcastjunkies.com/Aviv-Shahar-interview